Apple & pear clafoutis


Let’s get back to serious things: desserts!

This week, I wanted to please my man who really likes clafoutis. Unfortunately for him, I never cook clafoutis. Just because it’s not a dish I’m used to cook, I never think about it. However I also like clafoutis! Especially the melting texture of the paste and its coolness mixed with the fruits’.


So I searched for quite some time on the Internet to dig out THE clafoutis recipe. It is then that I found Aurélie’s blog. Aurélie is a fan of clafoutis! And she shares with us her best recipe, made by Christophe Felder, a huge French pastry chef. That’s exactly what I was looking for!


The secret of this recipe? Probably the whipping cream. Anyway I tasted it and I can tell you, this clafoutis is really good! 

Enough chit-chat! Let’s go to work ;)

The quantities have been slightly modified from Aurélie’s recipe. Here are the ingredients used:

  • 3 pears (actually 2 pears and 1 apple in my case)
  • 35g maïzena
  • 25g flour
  • 110g sugar
  • 2 packets of vanilla (or 24g)
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 whole eggs + 2 yolks
  • 220 ml whipping cream
  • 250 ml milk

Start by mixing all the dry ingredients: the maïzena, the flour, the sugar, the vanilla sugar and the pinch of salt.


Then add the beaten eggs and mix. Don’t forget to keep your whites to make meringues for example! My recipe here :)



Pour the whipping cream and the milk and mix again. You will see that a delicious little foam has formed on top of the mix, yummy!


Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Put some parchment paper in a high-sided tin. Put the pears (and the apples) diced in the baking tin.


Gently pour the mix on top of it.


COOKING

Bake at 180°C for 1H. You can bake the clafoutis faster by putting it in the oven for 40 minutes at 200°C but because of my weird oven I preferred cook it on a lower heat!


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

You should serve this dessert really cold, after one night in the fridge. Being real food lovers we could’t wait and left it only for 2 hours in the fridge before we tested it. But the day after, the clafoutis was really better!


You can also serve it with some Crème Anglaise but it’s really fine just by itself :)


Digression

I take advantage of this article to tell you that I add small functionality to the blog (on the right corner). You know can subscribe to get new recipes by email! Think about it if you’re interested :) And please send me your pictures if you try my recipes!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment