Red fruits crumble tart


As if it was crumble season these days! I hope you’re not already tired of it ^^.

It was my last Swedish course this week. Yes, now I can say a sentence!! So to celebrate this, I had to bake a bit :) I prepared my famous chocolate fondant, the yoghurt apple cake which was very smooth and I even made a bake of olive bread for those who prefer salty courses. But I wanted to innovate a bit too and bring some color to this “Fika” (read coffee break/snack).



So, after the Rhubarb oatmeal crumble from Sunday, here is today’s Red fruits crumble tart. Light difference with my basic crumble: I put some almond powder in the crumble dough here (cf. Marmiton! – in French).


Concerning the red fruits, I mixed strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, redcurrants… I think that’s it :D But you can of course use the red fruits you like :)


To make this good spring taste tart, you will need:
For the crumble
  • 100g butter
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 70g almond powder
  • 150g flour

The day before, think to unhurriedly defrost the fruits in the fridge. If you forgot to do so (as I did!), you can still defrost it using the microwave oven :) Then drain the fruits into a colander to remove as much liquid as you can.


Same day, prepare the shortcrust pastry following this recipe.

While it rests for ½ hour, we take care of the crumble:

Mix all the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, almond powder. Add the cold diced butter and press with your fingertips until getting a crumble texture. Keep in the fridge.



When the shortcrust is rested, roll it out on some parchment paper and put it in the tart pan (by turning it inside out if you don’t want to keep the parchment paper, I think it’s easier!).



COOKING

I advise you to precook your shortcrust pastry without anything on it for 10 minutes at 200°C.
After those 10 minutes, remove the tart from the oven, spread 2-3 tablespoonfuls of almond powder in the bottom, put the red fruits well drained and sprinkle with as much crumble as you want!


Put it back in the oven until pastries (shortcrust & crumble) are cooked.



TIPS AND TRICKS

My most important advice: well drain the fruits. After the draining, you can even put the fruits on some paper towels. I haven’t been good on this step and I haven’t precooked the shortcrust pastry, so the bottom of the tart wasn’t baked enough, but it was still good :D


You will have some leftovers with the quantities of pastries indicated. But no problem, you can make some small pies right after, or you can freeze it! Shortcrust pastry and crumble can be frozen without any issue :) Perfect for a quick dessert!


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

According to me, this tart is great by itself. But a scoop of vanilla ice cream can be appreciated :)


See you!

Rose.

2 comments:

  1. Merci pour la traduction, maintenant je peux la partager facilement avec les amis anglophones!

    ReplyDelete