Homemade barbecue sauce!


I’m not really fond of sauces. But I looooooooooooooooove barbecue sauce (and ketchup too, in which I flood my French fries … you can’t imagine how shameful I feel…:p).


So, when this unscrupulous person teased me with her homemade barbecue sauce… well, I had to try it too!


What I like in barbecue sauce: the slight smoked taste and its smooth texture that looks like a cream. I was afraid being disappointed because I’m so bad doing “reduction”, it takes always too much time… But this time, I keep on it (reduction in two times though ^^), and the result was great, super happy :)



Oh yes, as I think about it, you will need spoons, a lot of spoons :p


Ready?
    • ½ red onion
    • 1 garlic clove
    • ½ red pepper
    • 1 tbs olive oil
    • 2 tbs tomato paste
    • 2 tbs agave syrup
    • 1 tbs mustard
    • 1 tbs ketchup (homemade for me, so proud :D)
    • 2 tbs HP sauce (or other steak sauce as Val’ suggests it) thin with 100ml water
    • 100ml red wine (I used some Lillet, sweet red wine for cocktail hour)
    • 240ml vegetable stock
    • Salt, pepper

      I’m crazy with red pepper skin, so you can just avoid this step to gain time. Otherwise, if you have a sensitive digestive system as I do, follow this step:

      Clean, roughly cut the half red pepper and cook it a few minutes in a really hot oven until the skin burns. After cooling down (just until you can touch it :p), remove the skin that tears easily off.


      Dice garlic, onion, red pepper and brown them into olive oil in a saucepan.

      On a low heat, successively add all the other ingredients by mixing in between. Little reminder: tomato paste – let’s mix – agave syrup let’s mixmustard let’s mixthinned HP sauce let’s mixred wine let’s mixvegetable stock let’s mixsalt, pepper let’s mix.  

      Now, we have to let reduce for 20 minutes, I had to wait for 30-40 minutes. Blend with a “hand blender” to get a smooth texture with no bit.


      And you’re still not satisfied with the texture – I wasn’t, even couldn’t help sleeping, yes :p – don’t hesitate to put the sauce back a bit on heat (about 10-15 minutes …^^). And it will be perfect :D


      Times depend on your patience sauce texture of course!

      TIPS AND TRICKS

      Prepare some marinated red pepper slices with the half red pepper left, some persons love that :p

      SERVING SUGGESTIONS

      For this occasion, I made a zucchini Fusilli Bucati Corti plate with salmon steak cubes grilled.


      No need to say it was super good? Well, it’s said :D


      Bon appétit !

      Rose.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment